Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Food # 6 - Response to Pollan 1

While looking at Pollan's points, I would have to say I agree with him 100 percent. To know that Americans are relying on nutritionists to correct their diets is a little weird. Personally, I have my own gym trainer and I have changed my diet completely, as everyone else in the world, appearance has been a big priority in my life. I say its good to keep healthy but people tend to take it to another level and go crazy about their appearance, aside form eating "healthy" or not eating at all they go to experts to make them feel like they are doing everything wrong. From eating bad foods to living life wrong. We should be able to make our own decisions on what to eat but by also eating smart. For example, stacking up on fast food on a daily basis is just wrong not only for your body but mainly for your mental and physical health.

Being healthy is not the only problem in this world, its the food we are eating that is the problem. We need to think more about our bodies instead of going to the corner store and buying food that already made. We do not value food like others do. We don't really think twice, whatever is more convenient and easy to get; is our route out. We need to make the right choices for ourselves and not worry about what others might think or even what others are doing to keep looking good.

No comments: